Tuesday, 2 November 2010

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb




A CERTAIN SLANT OF LIGHT by Laura Whitcomb

Publisher:  Graphia
Release date: 21st September 2005
Reviewed format:  Paperback
Read:  July 2010



Synopsis from Goodreads:  After benignly haunting a series of people for 130 years, Helen meets a teenage boy who can see her and together they unlock the mysteries of their pasts.

My thoughts:  This is one of the best ghost stories I have read.  The story tells of two ghosts, Helen and James, who are in love and desperate to be together forever but this means that Helen has to take over the body of a human who's spirit has left them.

The story is told from Helens point of view as the ghost.  The writing flows beautifully and the characters are lovingly written.  A captivating read and one I would definitely recommend.

My rating:  4 stars



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I read this earlier this year and really loved it!