Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly book meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  If you would like to join in:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!  You don't want to spoil the book for others.
  • Share the title and author too so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists!




THE RIDDLER'S GIFT by Greg Hamerton








Let her look deeply into the Mirror of Self-Reflection and consider the truth it offered.  That little mirror he had given to her was a paradox in itself because it came from his time with the Philosophers of Kashanzr, but he had covetted it despite the bitter memories, he had kept it all these years because the view within it had been so very valuable.

page 172, the thoughts of Twardy Zarost, The Riddler


I am really enjoying this book.  It's taking me longer than normal to get through though as it's no lightweight in both senses of the word with 643 pages and small print!  Gets a bit heavy on the old wrists after a while so I'm having to take frequent, if somewhat reluctant breaks.

10 comments:

Yuko86 said...

I hadn't heard about this book before but it seems intersting!

Here's my teaser

http://thereadingcat.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-id-tell-you-i-love-you.html

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

We really like your very cute bookworm logo!

Stopping by from TT. Here's ours: Here's our TT: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesday-hard-cache-confession.html

Jo said...

Interesting teaser! I haven't heard of this book, but now I'm curious.... :)

TheBookishSnob said...

Haven't heard of the book before but I'm glad your enjoying it. :)

You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob

Alayne said...

Sounds very fantastical! Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Andrea said...

Interesting teaser, very intriguing.

Gina & Scot said...

I'd recommend downloading a book like this onto a reading device like the kindle, its be much easier to hold! :-)

Aisle B said...

Very mysterious and magical. The cover is perfect for the Riddler's Gift.

shaunesay said...

Sounds interesting!

My teaser is here if you'd like to visit!

Aleksandra said...

Great teaser! I haven't seen this one until now & sounds like a book I'd enjoy, so I'm adding it on my tbr list! Happy reading!