Saturday, 18 December 2010

In My Mailbox Birthday Special

In My Mailbox is a cool meme from The Story Siren.  Kristi isn't running IMM for the next couple of weeks, but I really wanted to do an IMM special today as it's my Birthday and I received lots of lovely, lovely books!  All links lead to Goodreads.




VAMPIRES:  FROM DRACULA TO TWILIGHT by Charlotte Montague

Hardback Edition









GRACELING by Kristin Cashore

Paperback Edition









THE PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS by Michelle Zink

Hardback Edition









THE PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS by Michelle Zink

Paperback Edition

Yes, I received two copies of this book from different family members.  This is such a strange coincidence as both people chose off my Goodreads wishlist which has 158 books listed!  Look out for a giveaway of one of these copies shortly after Christmas (the gifter has given permission for the giveaway of this book).




BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Paperback Edition









THE DARK DIVINE by Bree Despain

Paperback Edition









SOULLESS by Gail Carriger

Paperback Edition










CHANGELESS by Gail Carriger

Paperback Edition









BLAMELESS by Gail Carriger

Paperback Edition






What a great birthday it's been!  Oh, just before you go, don't forget to look at my last post and enter the Giveaway for Past Continuous!  It's only open until Wednesday so don't leave it too long.

21 comments:

aobibliophile™ said...

happy happy birthday! you sure got a lot of wonderful books. happy reading and have a great weekend! c",)

Small Review said...

Happy birthday!! You got some great books. Happy reading :)

The Happy Booker said...

What great birthday gifts you got in your mailbox! I LOVED Graceling and Soulless, those were actually on my list of my favorite reads this year. I haven't read Changeless or Blameless yet, but thats something I definitely need to do. I'm actually listening to the audio of Beautiful Darkness now.
Prophecy of the Sisters really looks like something I'd like to read myself, I don't think I've heard of that one until now.
I hope your birthday continues as wonderful as its started out! I can't wait to see what you think of these in the coming weeks/months!

Aylee said...

Happy birthday!

jackie b central texas said...

Happy Birthday, you lucky duck all those lovely reads right at the Holidays too! Happy reading and have a nice Birthday too!

jackie>_<

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

fab books - it's fab people buy you them for your birthday. Prophecy of the sisters is slow but good!

Briana said...

Aww HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
You got some really great books! Hope you enjoy them all!

Mel said...

Happy Bithrday!

You've got some great books there - I loved Graceling and Gail Carriger is now one of my favourite authors after I read all three books! Prophecy of the sisters sounds intriguing - can't wait to read your review of it! :)

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! You got a lot of great books! I can't wait to read all of your reviews! I really enjoyed Graceling, The Prophecy of the Sisters, and The Dark Divine. I hope you do too :o)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Oh and I so want to read Graceling! I have the two parasol protectorates on my tbr and have yet to get to them. Have fun reading all those great books!

Gina @ My Precious said...

Happy, happy birthday!!! My little niece shares your special day. She's two, today. Ahhh, what a great pile of books for your birthday. I hope it was a grand day!

Ivan Bookworm said...

wow a lot of books, That is awesome

here's mine
http://ivanbookworm.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-my-mailbox-8.html

Danny said...

Happy Happppy Birthday!! I'm super late but I hope you had a wonderful day!

You got also some awesome books! I hope you'll Love Beuatiful Darkness, I did and loved it even more than BC.

I also have the Soullless seires on my list but never really started them so I'm excited to see what you think!

The Dark Divine wasn't my favorite book... I didn't like it as much as others did...

Uniquely Moi Books said...

Very Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! You got some really good books this week!!! Have fun reading them!!! Have a great birthday and a great week! :)

Jenny said...

Nice haul, those are some fantastic books! I can't wait to read the Gail Carriger series, they've been on my list for a while but I haven't gotten to them yet even though I've heard amazing things.

And a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you:)

Aisle B said...

That is one amazing B day loot and mailbox! WOW and WOW again.

Have a blast and I know that you must be one incredibly excited reader :)

Clover said...

A very happy birthday to you and what a lot of wonderful books you recieved for it! YAY.

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I've only read Graceling and Soulless, but both are great! Enjoy :)

Anna said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day and have had a chance to read some of those awesome books. Graceling was really good!

girlsinthestacks.com said...

Nice bunch there!

I've contmpleted the Gail Carriger books, cant wait to see what your thoughts are on them.

Graceling is good, but I much prefer Cashore's Fire.

T.B. said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed it!

I saw Graceling by Kristin Cashore in the bunch and I really enjoyed that one! Please let me know what you think of it, as I would love to hear your opinion on it. Have you read Fire, the companion novel to Graceling yet? I haven't but I hope to soon!