Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Time to RELAX!

Is it only me or does it feel like Christmas was a long time ago now?  I hope you had a good one.  Mine was fabulous although very busy.

I cooked for 8 on Christmas day - 7 adults and one child.  We 'just' about fitted everyone into my tiny lounge around two tables pushed together (one borrowed) as I don't have a dining room in my two up-two down, typically English terraced house.  I have never cooked for so many people in one sitting before, but the food was great even if I say so myself!

I received some wonderful gifts from my family and friends, as did my 4 year old son, who was just totally in his element for two whole days :-)  I've just got to find room to store all his new toys now and I really need to get him sorted out with his own bookshelf very soon as he received more books this year than me!

As book gifts I received:




BETRAYALS by Lili St. Crow











30 MINUTE MEALS by Jamie Oliver








Betrayals is the only Lili St. Crow book I have and I know it's the second in a series, so on Christmas Day evening I sneaked onto Amazon and ordered Strange Angels.  I am so looking forward to reading those.  Have you read them?  What did you think of this series? Leave me a link to your review if you've done one.

I spent a little time yesterday reading book blogs and as I received some money for Chistmas, I ended up back on Amazon ordering more books!  Hopefully I'll be able to show you those in next week's IMM. 

I've not had a lot of time for reading over the break, but I do have some reviews written from before I started this blog, so I'll be putting one or two of those up over the next few days, and on the 4th January I take part in the Wereworld Blog Tour, so do pop back to see that.

I'm off work now until January 4th, so now it's time to RELAX!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Christmas is always a dangerous time for me to be around Amazon because I usually have money to spend and it's so easy to just click a button and have them shipped right to me:) I've heard the Lili St. Crow series is great, I can't wait to see what you think of it! If you enjoy it, maybe I'll give it a try:)

Gina @ My Precious said...

I had to work 12hr shifts Thurs, Fri, and Christmas day. We celebrated when I arrived home. I was up at 4am then to bed at MN. Boy was I beat! I had a spectacular Christmas. Now I'm back to work again 3 more 12's. Where did the time go?

Ivan Bookworm said...

Hi T.S. Bookworm, I had chosen you a winner for Life is Good award

http://ivanbookworm.blogspot.com/2010/12/life-is-good-award.html

Clover said...

I absolutely adore the Strange Angels series! I've reviewed all three of them, but I can't seem to copy/paste the link? Either way, they're all very good.