Thursday, 10 February 2011

The Time Will Come #3

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:

  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.

So come on, what are you waiting for?




ASH by Melinda Lo

I bought this book in Autumn last year.  It's only a small one - just a short read, but yet I just haven't managed to fit it in yet.  One day soon I hope!



In the wake of her father's death, Ash is left at the mercy of her cruel stepmother. Consumed with grief, her only joy comes by the light of the dying hearth fire, rereading the fairy tales her mother once told her.  In her dreams, someday the fairies will steal her away, as they are said to do.  When she meets the dark and dangerous fairy Sidhean, she believes that her wish may be granted.

The day that Ash meets Kaisa, the King's Huntress, her heart begins to change. Instead of chasing fairies, Ash learns to hunt with Kaisa. Though their friendship is as delicate as a new bloom, it reawakens Ash's capacity for love-and her desire to live.  But Sidhean has already claimed Ash for his own, and she must make a choice between fairy tale dreams and true love.

Entrancing, empowering, and romantic, Ash is about the connection between life and love, and solitude and death, where transformation can come from even the deepest grief.

Synopsis from Goodreads

7 comments:

BooksforCompany said...

Thanks for joining in again! =)
I haven't ever heard of this book, sounds good!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Sounds like a cute read!

I've never heard of this one before now either! :)

Sally said...

I've had this one on my shelf for ages too- I do like stories that are retellings of old fairytales. Hopefully, we'll manage to get round to it soon :D

Jenny said...

I've had my eye on this one for a while as well, especially since I came across HUNTRESS and got really interested in that one. I want to get to this one before HUNTRESS releases. Can't wait to see what you think of it if it ever makes it off your shelf!

SJH (A Dream of Books) said...

I really enjoyed this book, so you should definitely read it soon. Malinda Lo's got another book out soon called 'Huntress' which is a prequel to Ash.

Gina @ My Precious said...

This sounds really good and I'm diggin' on that cover!

Small Review said...

I love that cover! It's so much prettier than the US cover. From what I've heard, this book isn't for me, but that cover definitely is! I hope you enjoy the book :)