Thursday, 24 February 2011

The Time Will Come #4

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:

  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.

So come on, what are you waiting for?




BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

I bought this book the day Beautiful Darkness was released and still haven't read either of them yet!  But as this meme says, the time will come!



Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations.  But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met.  When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

8 comments:

Sally said...

I hope you like it when you get to it. I thought the first half was really good, and then it lost me a little bit near the end. It's very different from other books out there though so worth checking out. x

Raimy-rawr said...

I have this book at the minute, borrowed from the library, I really need to read it before my times up and I really really want to but I never seem to be in the mood for it! :(
Hopefully I'll get round to it soon though!! I cant wait to hear what you think when you finnaly so read it!

Gina @ My Precious said...

This is a neat little meme. I've enjoyed reading about the books you hope to get to in time. I have this and the first one on my TBR list (wish list), but haven't purchased them as of yet. Certainly ones I'd like to read, too.

BooksforCompany said...

l was so tempted to buy this series for my kindle!!
I will probably wait till you get to it Karen and see what you think.
Thanks for joining in again =)

Small Review said...

Ah yes, I have had this series on my TBR for far too long. It's the page count that's primarily kept me from starting them.

Dizzy C said...

I have one of those books teasing me on the bookshelf.....Hothouse Flower

Enjoy ur weekend
carol

Attack of the Book! said...

I never finished this book and I have an ARC of the second book that I have never even opened!

But, I believe you can do it, I am rooting for you!!

MiaandSofia said...

I' ve read this and enjoyed it too. Never got to reading Beautiful Darkness though! Hope you like it :)