Sunday, 27 March 2011

In My Mailbox #21

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

(All clickable book titles link to Goodreads)

This week has been a MEGA book week for me!  Firstly I've had this book on pre-order with Amazon for ages and it finally arrived:




WITHER by Lauren DeStefano
(Chemical Garden #1)

Hardcover Edition





Next up is my HUGE win from Book Chick City of nine books from Transworld Publishing.  It was just like Christmas when this box turned up at teatime on Wednesday evening!





BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP by S.J. Watson

Uncorrected Proof Copy/ARC.  My cover isn't quite the same as this one, but I couldn't find the ARC cover anywhere.  The only differnece is, my copy doesn't have the title and authors name on the front - just the eye and the words by Tess Gerritsen.  The title is on the back with a picture of the eye closed on my copy.






BLACK SWAN RISING by Lee Carroll

Paperback Edition









BLACKLANDS by Belinda Bauer

Paperback Edition









FIRST FROST by James Henry

Hardcover Edition









NOW YOU SEE ME by S.J. Bolton

Uncorrected Proof Copy/ARC









ODIN'S WOLVES by Giles Kristian

Uncorrected Proof Copy/ARC










THE ABSOLUTIST by John Boyne

Uncorrected Proof Copy/ARC









THE CALLING OF THE GRAVE by Simon Beckett

Hardcover Edition








THE MISTRESS'S REVENGE by Tamar Cohen

Uncorrected Proof Copy/ARC (unfortunately this one's got water damage.  It's still readable but the first 60 odd pages are crinkly at the bottom.)




I also received a few ebooks for review this week too:





TOMMY NIGHTMARE by JL Bryan
(Jenny Pox 2)

Kindle E-ARC with thanks to JL Bryan








LIQUID FEAR by Scott Nicholson

Kindle Edition (with thanks to Scott Nicholson)









BETTER TOGETHER by Raymond Rose

Kindle Edition (with thanks to Raymond Rose)









THE FIRE INSIDE by Raymond Rose

Kindle Edition (with thanks to Raymond Rose)






Phew!  And that's me.  What did you get in your mailbox?


Before you go, if you haven't already entered my
there is still time!


25 comments:

Missie said...

Whoa! That is a mailbox full of awesome! I'm curious about a lot of these titles, especially Before I Go To Sleep! Can't wait to read your review on that one.

Happy Reading!

Karen (Teen Fiction For All Ages) said...

Some great crime titles in your win, congratulations. Wither looks really good too. Look forward to seeing what you think of it.

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, you got some pretty great books! Odin's Wolves looks really interesting. Enjoy!

That Book Blog said...

I got Wither this week, too. I started reading it the other day and so far it is amazing.
I love the cover of Before I Go to Sleep and The Absolutist. I can wait to read your reviews on those books :)

AtenRa @ Just Another Book Blog said...

People are probably sick of me saying how much I loved Wither!!But I did, it's amazing!

Enjoy :)

BooksforCompany said...

Oh wow, so many books this week Karen =)
I bet it felt like Christmas when you got the big box of books!! =)
I really hope you enjoy them all

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Nice! That was a big win. :) I haven't gotten a copy of Wither yet, but hopefully I get one soon! Happy reading.

StephTheBookworm said...

WOW, great win!

Aisle B said...

Another smashing successful IMM.

Oh no... The Mistress Revenge came in water damaged! That would kill me since I tend to be very anal about the state of my books. have to admit that cover is divine.

Now You See Me gives me the chills...alot of CHILLS.

enjoy the fortunes :)

Small Review said...

Full of win! Congrats! I love that cover to Black Swan Rising. It's so much better than the US version. Can't wait to read your review!

Uniquely Moi Books said...

Yay for Wither! I've already read it but had to get a hardback copy for my bookshelf! I hope you like it! I've read Black Swan Rising, it was good but it wasn't for me. It was a busy book though. I'm just not into those books. I think it's going to be a trilogy too. Have a great week! :)

leanne_luce : YA FOREVER said...

Wither is gorgeous right!!! I think I may start that next (so hard to choose from all the epic books)

Enjoy your haul!

SJH (A Dream of Books) said...

Wow! What a bumper selection of books you won. It must have been exciting when they arrived :)

Look forward to your review of Wither. It's on my wishlist as I've heard such great things about it.

Mel said...

Fabulous haul there - colour me green with jealousy! :)

Vivienne said...

I am really excited about Black Swan Rising and hope to read it soon. Enjoy your fabulous selection of books.

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Wow!! That's a lot of books! Black Swan Rising is gorgeous. :) Enjoy all your awesome reads!

Liz. R said...

Ooh, lots of great books! Haven't read Wither yet, but it looks great! Happy reading :).

Sally said...

Wow- great crop of books this week! Congratulations on your win. I'm so jealous that you have 'Wither'- everybody seems to be reading this at the moment and I'm desperate to read it but I'm trying to hold back until it's released in paperback in June- I need to stop spending ALL my money on books!

Sally said...

Oooh I haven't heard of a lot of these books - I am going to have to check them out.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-12.html

Gina @ My Precious said...

What a haul this week. I hope you get a chance soon to read Wither I adored it and am curious to hear your thoughts.

Most of the other books I'm unfamiliar with. You sure do get a lot of books for review, must be you have some good connections.

Congratulations on your big NINE book win! That's fantastic. I'm still on my no win streak, no ever won a single thing - yet. I keep trying.

Alison said...

Great set! I love the covers for Mistress's Revenge and Black Song Rising.
My IMM

DJL said...

Awesome set of books in your mailbox. :) Looks like a lot of spooky and mysterious books in it, too. I hope you enjoy all of them! Happy reading!

Amber Griffiths said...

Ah! So many books! Congrats on your huge win - it looks like we were both lucky this week :D
I've never heard of any of the books that you won.. but I've checked them out and a few sound interesting! And is it weird that I love the cover of Black Lands? haha.
I can't wait to see what you think of Wither - I hope my review didn't put you off :)

Kristina said...

I just finished Wither and I loved it! Enjoy your new books!

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

Wow, you got so many books this week! I got Tommy Nightmare as well and can't wait to get into it, I adored Jenny Pox! Can't wait to see what you think of Wither, it's gotten a lot of conflicting reviews, but I adored it:)