Sunday, 1 May 2011

In My Mailbox #26

Before I go into my IMM post details, I just want to apologise for the probable lack of posts over the next week or two, especially book reviews, and also visiting and commenting on your blogs. There's been a lot of not so good stuff happening here at Chateau Bookworm and I'm so tired by the time I get to settle down that haven't picked up a book for over a week now.  I do have a couple of posts scheduled, but please just bear with me for a couple of weeks and hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

This week, apart from being a stressful and busy week, has also been an awesome book week and they mostly arrived on the same day!  I've had a bit of stash too and I would take a photo to show you but my camera has been borrowed by a friend so I'll just have to try tell you about it for now.




DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum

Jodie from Books for Company sent me this.  It was a lovely surprise and came with a great Body Finder bookmark and a cheeky note 'reminding' me that I still have to read that book too lol.  Thank you so much Jodie!  It was great to laugh on what has been a difficult week.





BORN AT MIDNIGHT by C.C. Hunter

I won this book on Nikki's blog, Wick Awesome Books.  Thank you so much Nikki!

I also received some fab Born at Midnight stash this week - a notepad, pen, bookmarks and an awesome foldable hairbrush and mirror!




STORM GLASS by Maria V. Snyder

I won this one in a competition on Jodie's Blog, Books for Company.  Thank you Jodie!  This is another series I'm dying to read soon.







WHISPER OF A WITCH by Suza Kates

This is another win.  This time from Melissa's blog, Spellbound by Books.  Thank you Melissa :)







THE DISENGAGEMENT RING by Clodagh Murphy

This one was one of my Amazon Marketplace bargains.  Another 1p book! (plus postage, but who can turn down a book for £2.81 including the postage?)







THE DECLARATION by Gemma Malley






and last but not least ...





DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth

I've had this one on pre-order for what seems like forever!  So glad it's arrived at last.



What did you get in your mailbox this week?

27 comments:

ComaCalm said...

I can't wait to get Die For Me... have you read the Study series? It's linked to the Glass series...

My IMM

Vivienne said...

I hope everything gets sorted soon. Enjoy Die For Me and Divergent - both are brilliant.

Carina said...

Really great books for you this week! I've just recently read Born at Midnight and I love it! Also can't wait to get my hands on Die For Me and Divergent.
I hope you're going to enjoy your books and that whatever has happened will get better. :)

Carina

Sally said...

Wow! I want all of these books- what a great week! (I really REALLY want to read Die For Me- you lucky thing!). I have read all the Maria Snyder series and can I just recommend that you read Poison Study first- one series kind of follows on from another. I'm so jealous of your books!

AtenRa @ Just Another Book Blog said...

The Declaration is one of my favourite books ever!
I hope you like it :)

Kate said...

I got Divergent this week, too. I can't wait to start it.

The Declaration is brilliant, I hope you enjoy it - and all of the other lovely books you got this week (:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Divergent is amazing! I have to read Die for me asap!

MiaandSofia said...

A great pile of books! They all seem great. I can't wait to read Die for me and I LOVED Divergent! ahhh you have to read it asap :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

BooksforCompany said...

Great books Karen!
I hope you love Die For Me as much as me! l still need to write the review!
Look forward to seeing your reviews, especially for Divergent!

Liz. R said...

Divergent is freaking amazing. I really hope you like it. I loved The Declaration too! I have Die for Me on my bookshelf - can't wait to hear your thoughts! Happy reading :).

Mel said...

Wow - some fab books there! I really enjoyed Whisper of teh Witch and adored Storm Glass when I read them so I hope you like them as well!!

DOn't worry too much about posting - we'll still be here when things have calmed down and if you ever want a distraction I am very good at nonsense emails! :)

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Die for Me is great! I can't wait to read Divergent and Born at Midnight. :) Enjoy!

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Awesome IMM this week!

Debra's Book Cafe said...

Excellent haul for this week... best wishes Debs :-)

StephTheBookworm said...

I like the sound of The Disengagement Ring!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited for Divergent and Die for Me! Those both look amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on them. Hope you enjoy!

Jesse Owen said...

I hope things get sorted for you soon, Die For Me sounds really good and Divergent is fab. Happy Reading :D

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I really want Divergent but will wait until the Dark Days tour to get it. Hope you're enjoying your books :D

Nina said...

Awesome books. Liking the covers of all. :P

Sally said...

Great books this week. I loved Die For Me. I got Divergent too - looking forward to starting it.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-17.html

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

I'm waiting on a pre-order as well. I won't be home for a few days and I hope it's there waiting for me when I get there. :) Happy reading.

Small Review said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time lately. At least it looks like you have some good books to see you through it. Don't worry about posting more infrequently. I'll still be here :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

YES!!! I can't wait to see what you think of Divergent. Fabulous mailbox this week! :)

Amber said...

I got both Die For Me and Divergent this week too. Hope you enjoy all your reads and happy reading!

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

What a great collection!!!

You won't be disappointed in the Disengagement ring, I really loved it.

Jules

Uniquely Moi Books said...

Yay for Born at Midnight! I've also heard so many good things about Die For Me! Enjoy!

Gina @ My Precious said...

You are so fortunate to win so many contests. I'm still waiting for my first win.

I can't believe you have Divergent. I hope you read that one soon. It sounds great. I also am happy you have Declaration. That one has been an interest to me ever since my CC post.

A great batch of books this week. I didn't get anything this week in my mailbox. Maybe next week?