Saturday, 14 May 2011

In My Mailbox #28 - The "I'm really looking forward to reading that!" Edition

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

If you're wondering about that title, I decided to do another vlog this week and I was mortified when I watched it back to hear how many times I said that particular sentence!  I really must put 'Thesaurus' on my reading list! Anyway, it'll just have to do as I haven't got time to record it again.



I really must apologise to Debra - it's not Debra's Book Den, it's Debra's Book Cafe and I realised as soon as I'd said it.  Where was my brain yesterday? Doh.

Enclave by Ann Aguirre
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright (thanks for the recommend Debra)
Numbers: The Chaos by Rachel Ward (with thanks to Chicken House)
Picture The Dead by Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown (thanks for the recommend Small Review)
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
Everlost by Neal Shusterman
You Against Me by Jenny Downham
Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (thank you Bewitched Bookworms)

The Kindle books I mentioned are:




CRISIS HOSPITAL by Belinda Frisch

(spooky short stories)










BITE CLUB by Rachel Caine

(The Morganville Vampires #10)

18 comments:

Vivienne said...

Practical Magic - my favourite film ever!

Avery said...

You got so many amazing books this week! I can't wait to see what you think of Enclave, Numbers: Chaos and Bite Club!

Have a great weekend!

Mel said...

I really enjoyed the book of Practical Magic - but it's been a while since I read it - hope you like it too! :)

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

What a great selection! So many books that I want to read... :D

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Nice vlog Karen- love the books you got this week, I really want to read Shadow Hills with that eye cover. I'll look out for your review. x

Raimy-rawr said...

I really want to read Practical Magic! I loved the film so much and I read the story sisters last year, if you havent read that one please do because its brilliant! :D
Hope you enjoy all your books! x

Kate said...

I loved You Against Me. Hope you like it as much as I did.

I got City of Fallen Angels this week, too!

Enjoy your books :)

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

You have so many great books this week! I really want to read Enclave. :) I've heard The Wednesday Letters is good! Enjoy!

Small Review said...

I love your vlogs :) I hope your neck is ok.

I love your excitement about sparkles. You so know what's important :) I had only seen ARCs of Enclave on the computer so when I got my copy through the library I practically jumped up and down at those sparkles! It's so shiny and pretty. The book is actually pretty awesome, too. :)

I can't wait to see what you thought of Numbers, Practical Magic, Shadow Hills, and Wildthorn. I've only read Shadow Hills.

Picture the Dead!! You're so welcome :) I hope you LOVE it! You actually flipped to one of my favorite pictures in the book (the picture with the aunt scratched out).

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Enclave is really good! I hope you enjoy it =D I've heard Wildthorn is a great read -- I need to check that one out too =)

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I haven't read Enclave yet but hope it's awesome! Enjoy your books :)

Celesta said...

I totally just ordered Enclave from my library! Looking forward to your review!

Here’s My IMM!

Bella said...

You Against Me looks really good, I really need to try something by Jenny Downham :) I really need to read Bite Club, I loved all the other Morganville Vampires books so this one should be awesome again :D Happy reading!

Aisle B said...

Holy smokes every week your IMM keeps getting bigger and bigger and BIGGER!

Sighs... please kiss all the books for me :)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I was happy to see Practical Magic on your list. "Old" books don't seem to get as much love as new releases on book blogs.

Neal Shusterman is one of my favourite YA authors! I just know you'll love Everlost!

I also really like Adele Griffin, but hadn't heard of Picture the Dead. I'll be sure to get it when it comes out in paperback. I hope it still has all the great pictures you were showing off! =)

Jesse Owen said...

Great books this week, love the Enclave cover. Happy Reading :D

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I should really add a thesaurus to my reading list as well, since I tend to repeat the same phrases over and over in my vlogs as well.

I'm also very excited for Enclave and The Cha0s was great! It has a different narrator than Num8ers, but I loved the voice all the same. It's always very fun to see how book covers differ here in the US. I love the covers you have for The Cha0s and Everlost. I also cannot wait for You Against Me to release here in the US. I've been eager to read it since I first heard about it last year.

Enjoy all your books!

Jenn said...

Great mailbox! I started reading Picture the Dead but had to return it (my boss was next in line!). What I read was great though. Enjoy!