Thursday, 19 May 2011

The Time Will Come #15

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
So come on, what are you waiting for?



First-time mum Roxy feels perennially ticked off. She and her partner Jack have left London for a new life in the village of Riverside, with their ten-month-old daughter Joey. But their new house resembles a building site and Roxy is struggling to cope with parenthood. With no family or friends to turn to for help, Roxy sets up a club in order to meet like-minded parents, and so begins The Pissed-Off Parents Club. Hilarious and refreshingly original, this is a story telling it like it is -- for mums and dads of all descriptions.

This is another e-book that I've had since I first got my Kindle. I did actually start reading it and got about 40 pages in when I received my very first book for review. I never did get back to it and I really want to at some point as it was really funny and had me laughing out loud right from the first page.

What have you got thats been sitting on your shelves for the longest time that you really want to read?

6 comments:

Cliona said...

This sounds hilarious!

Book Passion for Life said...

This sounds really good :) I'll forward to your review :) Donna

Kate said...

I hope you get back to reading this soon, it sounds so funny (:

I see you're going to be reading The Truth about Forever next. It's one of my favorite Sarah Dessen books so I really hope you like it as much as I did :)

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Again, this looks like a really good book- very unique!

Dizzy C said...

Snap!
I have the paperback version and took it away with me on a long weekend.
I got about 30 odd pages in and know it will be a funny read, but it was shelved again when I got home.

I will get around to it one day.

carol

Gina @ My Precious said...

Oh, wow, once you received that first book review book, you've been going like crazy ever since huh? Hope you get to it soon. :-)