Friday, 27 May 2011

The Time Will Come #16

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I didn't get chance to do my post yesterday, but here it is now.  My book of choice this week is:


EVERNIGHT by Claudia Gray

Bianca wants to escape. 

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

I am not even going to tell you how long this has been on my bookshelf ...

*Note to self - Just-read-it-already!*

10 comments:

BooksforCompany said...

You really should read this! =)
It's a great series ;)
Hope you get to it soon but with all your books, l doubt it! lol

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Haha! Me too! I've had the first three books in this series for ages and I still haven't read any of them. I'll have to bump them up the 'ol reading list. I've heard lots of good things!

DJL said...

Ironically, this was a book selected for our library's Open Book Display because it has a red cover. :) Red = "Look at me!" usually, but alas, no one has claimed Evernight. Hopefully you'll read it some day. :)

Kate said...

I've been told I should read this series a number of times, now. When you get around to it, I hope you enjoy it - and maybe persuade me into giving it ago (:

Book Passion for Life said...

Ooohh you should read this series. Its a great one to get into :) Donna

Cliona said...

I've read this, it's really enjoyable.

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I really like this series- especially the first book- I hope you get a chance to read it soon. x

thebookfairyhaven said...

I've also heard great things about this series and have the second book in this series, but not the first - not sure when I'll get around to this series, but I suspect I'm going to have to do a little bit of a book shelf re-shuffle. Hope you get to read it soon.

Small Review said...

I need to get around to this series too. Honestly the covers turned me off for so long, but I won a copy of the last book so I guess I should give the series a try already!

Cait said...

I quite liked this book but the latter two of the series really disappointed me. hope you enjoy it when you eventually get round to it =]