Thursday, 16 June 2011

The Time Will Come #18

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Tyme's End by B.R.Collins

Bibi feels out of place everywhere - everywhere that is, except for Tyme's End, the deserted house that she breaks into when she thinks nobody is nearby. There she unexpectedly meets Oliver Gardner, the owner of the house, who's just returned after ten years away. Their story and the story of Oliver's grandfather becomes inextricably entwined, linked as they are by Tyme's End itself. For Tyme's End is more than just a deserted house. It is a house that by turns can be romantic, beguiling, sinister and malevolent. It is a house that had a cruel and manipulative owner. And anybody who enters Tyme's End must prepare themselves for terror ...Part mystery, part psychological thriller, set in the present yet with forays into the past, this is a cleverly ambitious novel that makes for a compulsive and gripping read.
I've had this one since the day it was released.  I bought it for the creepy, but pretty cover before I'd even read the synopsis.  I've read very mixed reviews about it but I'm still eager to get to it soon.  Have you read this one?  What did you think?

10 comments:

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

I haven't read this but I can see why the cover made you pick it up! :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I love the cover of this one too! I'm saving it for Halloween! :)

The Slowest Bookworm said...

Leanna, That's a great idea! I might do he same :))

BooksforCompany said...

Oh this does sound rather creepy!
Hope you enjoy it when you get to it =)

GABY said...

Love the creepy cover, sounds good. Hope you read it soon!

Amber said...

This sounds like such a fun, creepy story. Hope you get to it soon!

Liz. R said...

Ooh, I haven't read this but it sounds chilling! I love the cover, it's creepy but I like it. Might have to read this myself!

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

This one sounds really great- don't read it after dark alone! I love that cover. x

Louisa said...

That sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out!

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

I love the creepy cover of this one but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it. I hope you like it better than me though :)