Thursday, 9 June 2011

The Time Will Come #17

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~




PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
(Synopsis from Goodreads)

What can I say?  Am I the only blogger not to have read this book yet?  I could always pretend that I'm just waiting for the series to be complete before I start it ...

13 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

Good choice this week. I really did enjoy it :)
Donna

P.S Blogger Bingo sounds like a great idea! :) I'll post your button on our site. Can't wait for it to start.

Mel said...

I haven't read it either! And like you I do have a copy...but I did only recieve a copy last week...that's my excuse! :-)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

You're not the only one who hasn't read this! I have yet to read anything beyond the first few pages. =P

What put me off, though, was learning that it was the first of a trilogy. I think I would have read it by now, had it been a stand-alone.

Steph said...

Argh I wanna read that too! So many books in front lol

Clover said...

I've yet to read this one as well, despite hearing really wonderful things about it! Some day soon for the both of us, I hope :)

Gina @ My Precious said...

I've not read this one, but I've heard its really good. I hope you get to it soon and enjoy it.

Felicia said...

Thank you for introducing me to TTWC! I can't believe you haven't read Paranormalcy, it's one of my favourite YA releases in 2011 :D Hope you'll read it soon!

Here's my TTWC post:
http://anovelparadise.blogspot.com/2011/06/time-will-come-1.html

Small Review said...

Aw, I loved this book! It ends pretty neatly, too, so there isn't any crazy cliffhanger.

DJL said...

Nope, you are not alone! :) It's been on my bookshelf for at least 3 months now, but it's next on the list following Intertwined. I'm sure we'll both enjoy it though as it seems like a supernaturally fun book!

BooksforCompany said...

This is one of the books which has never attracted my attention but it sounds really good, lots of different creatures in this one!

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Aww- I liked this book. It's so sweet and funny- I'm sure you'll like it when you get a chance to read it, but waiting for the rest of the series to come out first might not be a bad idea.

Amber said...

My friend read this and snorted a lot. I got jealous and read it too. Well worth the read! Hope you get to it soon.

Samantha Young said...

This book sat on my shelf for soo long and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it when I finally picked it up. It's one of my favs now. Evie is very funny. Kiersten White manages to balance tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic humour with some dark characters and an intriguing plotline. Well worth the read! :-)