Thursday, 23 June 2011

The Time Will Come #19

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~





Ten-year-old Jamie Matthews has just moved to the Lake District with his Dad and his teenage sister, Jasmine for a 'Fresh New Start'. Five years ago his sister's twin, Rose, was blown up by a terrorist bomb. His parents are wrecked by their grief, Jasmine turns to piercing, pink hair and stops eating. The family falls apart. But Jamie hasn't cried in all that time. To him Rose is just a distant memory. Jamie is far more interested in his cat, Roger, his birthday Spiderman T-shirt, and in keeping his new friend Sunya a secret from his dad. And in his deep longing and unshakeable belief that his Mum will come back to the family she walked out on months ago.

When he sees a TV advert for a talent show, he feels certain that this will change everything and bring them all back together once and for all.

Why I haven't read it yet?

I ... just .... need ... more ... TIME! LOL

10 comments:

BooksforCompany said...

This book sounds so weird and always found the title very strange lol
It actually has some good ratings so must be good =)

ComaCalm said...

I haven't bought or read this one yet as I don't think I'd like it and the cover creeps me out...

ComaCalm's Corner

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I agree, that cover is creepy!

Louisa said...

That sounds creepy! I like it :)

Jennie said...

This is the first time I'm reading about this book (hadn't heard of it before). It sounds really creepy. :O

Cliona said...

I don't think it sounds creepy! Just really emotional. I want to read that!

Mel said...

Ah, time the enemy of all those unread books out there - or sitting on our shelves... :-)

Kate said...

It's so good! Read it!

By the way... best reason for not reading that I've seen yet :)

Liz. R said...

I'm gonna agree with most people here - this book had a creepy vibe :P. And know what you mean - we need more time! There just aren't enough hours in the day...

scattered_laura said...

Anyone else noticing Ron Weasley on the cover...?