Sunday, 3 July 2011

In My Mailbox #35

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This week has been an amazing book week for me.  On Monday I won a flash competition run by Simon & Schuster UK on Facebook and Twitter to celebrate Smurf's Day, where they were giving away a huge pile of blue books to just one winner!

They arrived on Tuesday and it was just like Christmas for me and my son!  Here's what we got:


Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark
Blind Fury by Lynda La Plante
A Forest of Stars by Kevin J. Anderson
Babylon Nights by Daniel Depp


Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie
Hunted by Sophie McKenzie
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff


Milo and the Restart Button by Alan Silberberg
Hello Dubai by Joe Bennett
Deadliest Waters by Sig Hansen & Mark Sundeen


Tour Troubles by Tamsyn Murray
Aliens Love Underpants by Claire Freedman


Dogs Don't Do Ballet by Anna Kemp & Sara Ogilvie

What a fabulous prize that was!  Thank you so much Simon & Schuster UK!

Next, on to the books I bought for myself ... the paperbacks


Dark Ride by Caroline Green (Chicklish is quoted on the back of this book!)
Hereafter by Tara Hudson

... and the Kindle books.  I don't know whether you know, but Amazon UK currently have a summer sale on Kindle titles and I managed to pick up these four titles for under £1 each!


Witch Child by Celia Rees
The Summoner by Layton Green
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Eden by Keary Taylor

I also won some gorgeous soaps and stash in a Facebook competition by author Suza Kates.  Thank you so much Suza!  I am a stash horder and love bookmarks and pens.  The soaps smell gorgeous and they are named after the witches in Whisper of a Witch, the first book in Suza's awesome Savannah Coven series. 


and last but not least I received one Kindle book for review.  It's The Egyptian by Layton Green, but as yet the cover isn't finalised so I don't have one to show you.

And that's my mega huge and totally unexpected haul this week!  What did you get in your mailbox?

31 comments:

DJL said...

Holy geez, that is a LOT of books and some awesome book stash, too! :) I've only heard of a few, but so many of them sound like wonderful stories. I hope you enjoy all of your lovely new books. Happy reading! :)

DJL
My Mailbox

Vicki said...

Wow that is one enormous pile of books! Well done on your win from S&S. Stunt bunny is brilliant, my daughter and I love it...actually all of Tamsyn Murray's books are great!

Witch Child is one of my favourite books ever so I really hope you enjoy that one. I read Hereafter a while ago and thought it was ok. Enjoy your reading!

Steffikins said...

Witch Child is one of my favs, and its written very well! I just rebought it this week as well. Hope you enjoy them all!

Yiota said...

Can i just say wow? I have some of them at my TBR already!


Splash of our Worlds Mailbox

DarlingNickey said...

Wow, congratulations on all the awesome books and swag! I bet you'll be busy for a while, have fun!

Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/5ua37n3
Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

turn-the-page.net said...

WoW! Brilliant prize lol! I bet that will keep you and your son busy!

I'm excited to see what you think of the Sophie McKenzie books - I keep seeing them in the bookstore but haven't really read any reviews on them, so I keep putting off buying any. There are a lot lol!

Hereafter is one Im desperate to read - the cover is so beautiful! There have been a lot of lovely covers recently.

Witch Child is great - one of my favorite books when I was a teenager :)

Enjoy your books!

Amy @ Turn the Page

Raimy-rawr said...

wow! awesome books from S&S! I hope you enjoy them all!
Also wow... that cover for Beautiful Disaster is something else! I might have to check that one out just for the cover!

Novels On The Run said...

Crikey you did well!!! Nice haul of reading there.

Michelle A

leanne_luce : YA FOREVER said...

Hereafter looks so cool! I need to add it to my amazon list :P

Liz. R said...

Wow, that is a lot of books! They all look great, I love the sound of Eden and it has a really cool cover! Happy reading :)

SJH (A Dream of Books) said...

Wow! What a bumper pile of books. Congrats on winning the competition - looks like you got some fantastic titles.

I really want to get Hereafter. I'm looking forward to seeing what you thought of it.

Uniquely Moi Books said...

Wow!That's a lot of blue books! Witch Child sounds really interesting. I'm thinking I've seen it but with a different cover maybe. :)

Vivienne said...

OMG! You have done so well this week! Enjoy all your lovely books.

Kris said...

Wow! That a great win. Enjoy!

Misty said...

The Replacement is excellent! Hope you enjoy all of your goodies!

My IMM

Debra's Book Cafe said...

Blimey! I am blinded by all the great books.... I am really loving the cover for Hereafter... :-)

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Great mailbox!! I've been wanting to read The Replacement for a while now! I hope you enjoy all of these!

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Congratulations on your win- that is a lot of books!
Hereafter is excellent- I hope you like it.
Enjoy all your books!

The Book Angel said...

Great IMM this week! I loved Hereafter!!!

My IMM is here:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

Great set! I really want to read Witch Child and The Replacement.
My IMM

AgnesPink said...

Witch Child looks gorgeous!!!

And you get so MANY books!! :P

Check out my comparatively tiny IMM

X

Small Review said...

I've been really curious about that Medusa Project series. Can't wait to see what you think about it. I'm also curious about how you'll like The Replacement.

Kate said...

There is a smurf movie novella? I NEED this! Congrats on winning all of those books!

I just glanced at the cover of Beautiful Disaster and thought the girl was being sick :-S

I hear Celia Rees is an excellent author, so Witch Child should be good (unless my sources liked to me :O)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Oooh, congrats on your competition wins. That package from S&S is amazing! :)

Clover said...

What an *amazing* giveaway win that was from S&S! Very cool.

Alisa said...

Wow, so many blue books. Good to see at least one of them was a Smurfs book :). I wouldn’t mind reading Hereafter, so I hope you enjoy it. The book marks and pens look nice, I love bookmarks too. Happy reading! (my IMM)

Alisa @ the Novel Nook

Sally said...

Congrats on winning all those awesome books!
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-26.html

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Oh- why did you have to tell me that Amazon are having a summer sale on kindle books?!! I'm on there spending, noooo!!

Cliona said...

:) Can I have Blood Tiez? *Puppy eyes* Only joking! Mega-amazing book week Karen! So jealous! Happy reading!

Gina @ My Precious said...

An amazing haul this week. I bet your little boy was excited, I hope you put up another review of his. The first one was too cute for words.

Tam said...

Hope you enjoy Stunt Bunny!