Thursday, 21 July 2011

The Time Will Come #20

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS by Michelle Zink

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-

One good...

One evil...

Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. 

Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.

They just know they can't trust each other.

My Dad bought me this book for my birthday last year and I still haven't managed to read it.  It hasn't even made it onto my tbr list as such yet.  I am hoping to get to it before my birthday this year though.

I'd like to apologise for the lack of posts this week and also, if I owe you an email, I will get to it soon.  It's been a bit chaotic here over the last couple of weeks.  There's been a lot going on -  illness (not just myself but family too), roof and ceiling repairs (urgh - mega dust and crap all over the house!), children's parties to arrange and sick animals/vet visits/vomit cleaning to name just a few of the things I've been doing and sorting out.  It's been stressful and I haven't even managed to fit much reading in - in fact I haven't picked a book up now for a week.  I have one review to write which will be up on Monday and I've also had a DNF (did not finish) which I wont be posting any more than this about, but until I've caught up with my review books I might be a little slow to update over the next couple of weeks.  I need more reading time otherwise tours and such are just not going to happen here at Chateau Bookworm!

I'll definitely be posting Book Blogger Bingo on Saturday, so look out for that, and I have an exciting post for you tomorrow, but please bear with me if reviews and other posts are a little slow coming for a week or two.  Hopefully everything will be back to normal by the beginning of August (and I have some leave then anyway so I can catch up a little).

Oh, and before I go, last weeks Book Blogger Bingo prize still HAS NOT BEEN CLAIMED. The closing date for claiming is tomorrow (Friday) so please check if it was you!


8 comments:

Jules said...

The cover looks really creepy - In a good way though! I still have loads of books that I've been meaning to get round to!

I've been the same lately - real life has been a bit chaotic!

x

Mel said...

I've been eyeing this book for a while so would love to know what you think about it!

Real life does have to take priority at times unfortunately! Hope everyone is feeling better soon and things sort themselves out soon. :)

Cait said...

I read this recently (did you know it was historical fiction?) and I wasn't a huuuuge fan, but it's definitely worth a read

The Cait Files

Liz. R said...

I've been wanting to read this one for awhile too! I've heard a lot of good things, but I'm not a big fan of historical so I've put it off.

Denise Z said...

I have not heard of this book and it sounds interesting. I look forward to your reading it and review.

scattered_laura said...

The cover reminds me of that creep Doctor Who episode, "Blink".

Curious about this one! Thanks for bringing it to my teeny tiny attention span!

The Slowest Bookworm said...

@ Scattered Laura - OMG yes! I see what you mean. Now you've made my skin crawl lol.

Small Review said...

Oh my you have a lot on your plate! I'm sending you lots of wishes for good health, sturdy ceilings, and a lot less vomit.

As for Prophecy of the Sisters, eh, I wouldn't say you're missing much.