Thursday, 28 July 2011

The Time Will Come #21

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme. It's really easy to join in. Here's what you have to do:

  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


GONE by Michael Grant

In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappears. GONE.

Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not one single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I bought this book the same day I ordered my Kindle so that it would arrive ready to read. Only I also bought about 10 other books for my lovely new shiny Kindle that week, before it turned up so I never got to read Gone.  I do love the sound of this series and I know I'll get to it some day.

9 comments:

Mel said...

Funnily enough I have Gone sat on my TBR pile as well but haven't got aorund to reading it either! Heard lots of good things - one of my friends is so annoyed with me for not reading it yet!! :)

Gina @ My Precious said...

This one sounds like a real thriller. A very unique story line too. I hope you get to read it soon.

----------------
Sorry I've not been commenting much. My daughter is getting married Saturday and everything is CRAZY around here with relatives arriving every day, some as far away as France, Portugal and Brazil.

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

This book gave me nightmares! I can't believe it's a kid's book- it's seriously gory. It is still good though.
Yeah... so enjoy!
:D

Dawn said...

I almost bought this once. But put it back on the shelves. Just couldn't decide.

T.B. said...

This one is actually a great read, and I hear the series gets better as it goes. I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

BooksforCompany said...

Haha Karen you must have a very full kindle you know! =p

Kate said...

I've not heard of this one before but oh my God, I want to read it! Definitely adding that one to the wishlist. :D Thanks for letting me know about it

scattered_laura said...

I've read all the books in the "Gone" series so far and I am adoring them! Truly brilliant books!

Small Review said...

I need to get around to reading this series, too. But! I heard that they each end on cliffhangers and they're so big with probably a ton of stuff to remember, so I think I'm going to wait until they're all published before I start reading. At least that's what I tell myself to help alleviate my guilt for still having not read it :P