Sunday, 7 August 2011

In My Mailbox #40

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

First up this week I bought a book for my Kindle.  It's not got a lot of ratings on Goodreads, but the ratings it does have are all good so I decided to give it a go:












Next I won a book from Elle at The Book Memoirs.  Thank you Elle!  The book I chose as my prize sounds so awesome that I decided to give a copy of this book away myself in this week's Book Blogger Bingo.  The game is open until next Friday so hop on over and play to win!




HEAVENLY by Jennifer Laurens







The last book I received this week was an unexpected one from Bloomsbury, but it sounds awesome!




DECEPTION by Lee Nichols







But that wasn't all I received this week.  A totally awesome package turned up on my doorstep on Wednesday - a custom cover for my Kindle!


Just look at this little beauty!  It's got my blog logo and name on it!  

Heather from Bewitched Bookworms HAND MADE this to my specifications as I wanted a cover to go over the leather cover on my Kindle to keep all the debris from my handbag from getting onto my beloved ereader.

Heather also makes custom covers for ipads, all ereaders,  as well as customised embroidered lunch totes and handbags.



Here's a better picture of the embroidered logo and my name.  My photo just does not do this justice.  I caught the light a bit so the colours aren't exact and I can tell you that it looks so much prettier in real life.

Pictures are clickable for a bigger view.


You know, I might have to offer one of these as a Book Blogger Bingo prize sometime.  Would you like that?

If you'd like your very own ereader cover with your blog logo or any other custom design, go and visit Heather over at ACM Custom Designs.  She's very helpful and her work is amazing!

30 comments:

Liz. R said...

Love the custom Kindle cover! It's cute :). And some great books - love the sound of Deception. Happy reading! :)

Sikká said...

Nice mailbox! Heavenly sounds really interesting, I love everything that has anything to do with autism. I'm looking forward to your review on the book!

Kristina said...

That is a very nice custom kindle cover! That was so nice of Heather! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Amber Griffiths said...

Oh my goodness, Heather is so talented! I love the new cover. Deception sounds amazing, doesn't it? I can't wait to read it, I'm trying to get to it as fast as I can!

I hope you're having a fantastic weekend :)

Books of Amber

DJL said...

Wow, that is a very cute custom Kindle cover! :D What a nice surprise to find along with all of your new books. :) Enjoy all of them!

DJL
My Mailbox

Gina @ My Precious said...

That is some detailed absolutely amazing work. I think its awesome for a kindle! Totally kewl!

Looks like you have a unique set of books in your mail box this week too. Enjoy!

Rubita said...

I think the personalized Kindle case is awesome. And it DEFINITELY would be an awesome prize. Not that I'm hinting or anything.
Ruby

Mel said...

Wow - that cover is amazing! I love the personalisation of it - you find some fabulous things. I'm heading over right now to see about getting myself one! :)

Book Passion for Life said...

Wow! I love the custom made kindle case. It looks fantastic. Hope you enjoy Deception :)

turn-the-page.net said...

That is an amazing Kindle Cover lol! :D

What a treat! Enjoy your new books

My IMM this week

Amy @ Turn the Page

Jesse Owen said...

Fab books - Deception sounds fab, happy reading.

And I love your custom kindle cover :D

Hannah said...

Those custom covers are amazing! I've bookmarked that site for future use.

Once Upon A Time

Jenny said...

LOVE the custom covers Heather does, they're so cool! And your logo is so darn cute stitched on there:) I've heard good things about Heavenly, I've been wanting to read that one for a while!

Alicia said...

Nice IMM - I really want Deception!
I adore your Kindle Cover - it's lovely!
I'm an old follower :)
My IMM

Vicki Dickinson said...

Love the kindle case! deception sounds good doesn't it...enjoy your books!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i've heard heavenly is great!

DarlingNickey said...

Hey, great IMM. And wow, the kindle cover is gorgeous :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

Small Review said...

That Kindle cover is awesome! I love embroidered things.

I liked Deception a lot. Emma is one of my favorite MCs and I love the handsome rake (even though, no, he's not a love interest) :)

Bailey said...

Heavenly is really good. Hope you enjoy! =)

My IMM

Aylee said...

Oh wow, that is such an amazing cover!! It's just perfect.

thebookmemoirs said...

I am glad you are still happy with Heavenly! How awesome that you're giving one away, too. Spreading of the book loves, oh yus. :) - Elle

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Hope you enjoy your books :) Love the bag!!!! My IMM is here! Happy Reading,

~Zakiya LadyWings :D

Cliona said...

OMG. That Kindle cover is GORGEOUS.

Novels On The Run said...

How sweeeet is that Kindle cover!!! Nice books you have. Heavenly I heard was very good.

Enjoy!!

Michelle

Amber said...

That handmade case is gorgeous! I'm definitely checking out the website next! I've got Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens... I just have to read it! Hope you love them all and gets lots of use out of your handmade case!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Heather's a genius! I saw hers at BEA, and I almost squealed with glee. Actually, I did! Great mailbox this week :)

Clover said...

What a BEAUTIFUL cover that is. Absolutely wonderful.

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Some interesting looking books there. And that kindle cover- wow- I want one! Very cool :D

Kate said...

The case is gorgeous!

I've heard good things about Jennifer Laurens' books. Glad you enjoyed Heavenly :D

Nikki-ann said...

The Kindle cover looks great and it's unique! Brilliant :)