I know a lot of you guys are also Goodreads members and that’s something else I love. Being in contact with other readers, chatting about books, see what my friends are reading and their thoughts are all big plusses for me. The star ratings are also a big feature for me. I never buy a book these days without checking out the Goodreads star rating and a couple of your reviews there. This week for instance I was offered a book for review (Chonosphere by Alex Woolf) and I checked it out on Goodreads. It only had one review by a friend (that was Jesse from Books4Teens – hi Jesse!) and he gave it 5 stars which helped me make a decision to accept the review request.
Another thing I’ve found is that a lot of you are also members of LibraryThing and Shelfari. I did take a quick look at LibraryThing a while back and one of the first things I discovered is that you have to PAY to log more than a certain amount of books! I didn’t bother to look into more detail with either of these sites after that, so I don’t know much about them at all and I was hoping you could answer some questions for me … if you don’t mind that is!
- Do they do the same thing as Goodreads?
- Do they do it better than Goodreads?
- What are the differences, or is it all down to personal taste on website layout etc?
- Which online cataloguing site do you prefer?
- Are there any other sites I’ve not mentioned that you think are better?