Thursday, 4 August 2011

The Time Will Come #22

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld

Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.

But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world -- and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I bought this Kindle book back in September last year and totally forgot I'd got it.  I've been wanting to read this series for ages.

12 comments:

neer said...

Thanks for letting us know of this interesting meme. I too have joined in the fun. Here's my entry if you are interested:

http://inkquilletc.blogspot.com/2011/08/time-will-come.html

Mel said...

Heard so many raves about this series - would love to know what you think of it!! :)

Jules said...

I've been wanting to read this series for ages now too!! :D

slayra said...

You have to read this series! Still one of the best dystopians I've ever read (and I've been reading quite a few lately). I really liked the books (although some plot devices are overused). :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

This one sounds pretty good! I'd love to see your review if you decide to read it soon! :)

Kate said...

You need to read Uglies! Make sure you read this one soon. The rest of the series is good but this first book is fantastic.

Looking out for a review :)

Angela said...

ahhh greatest series ever. You'll love it :D

Gina @ My Precious said...

Not read this one yet. I've heard its really good. Hope you get to it soon. :-)

Hannah said...

Must say, I'm reading Leviathan by Scott Westerfield at the moment and his imagination is FANTASTIC! I'm slightly intrigued by Uglies.

Once Upon A Time

Hannah Mariska said...

Haven't read anything yet by Scott Westerfield, but I know i really should!

Liz. R said...

I've seen people rave about this series, but it's never really appealed to me. I think I'll have to read it one day though!

BooksforCompany said...

Your kindle TBR seems huge! haha
I need to read this series.