Thursday, 22 September 2011

Blog Tour: Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling

Welcome to The Slowest Bookworm's stop on the Stealing Phoenix Blog Tour. This series is one of my favourites so I hope you enjoy finding out more. Firstly, let me introduce the book with my review.

*There are no spoilers for either book in this review*



STEALING PHOENIX by Joss Stirling

Yves' story.

This is about getting you out...I'm stealing you.

Phoenix belongs to the Community - a gang of thieves with paranormal powers. Yves Benedict - an American student visiting London - is her mark. But Yves turns out to be more than just a target. He is her destiny. Her soulmate. But the Community owns Phoenix's past and it wants her future too.



Back in October last year, I read and reviewed Finding Sky, which is Sky and Zed's story. Stealing Phoenix is it's companion novel and it was AWESOME.  I have to mention how much I loved the cover to Finding Sky and this one is just as pretty, with a great tagline: “Catch a thief and lose your heart”.

In Stealing Phoenix we are back with the amazing Benedict family and this time its Yves story. We first meet Phee (Phoenix) as she’s out on a ‘job’ for the Seer who is the head of the Community she's lived in all her life. Her back story was really sad and I felt sorry for her even though she was a thief. I really enjoyed all the characters Joss SterIing created in this book – they just seem so real and I certainly wish some of those Benedict boys were, as I would so love to meet them!

The plot had me on the edge of my seat and I really didn’t want it to finish. Stealing Phoenix had lots of action, supernatural powers, a thrilling sense of danger, a wonderfully supportive close-knit family and so much humour that I laughed a lot whilst reading it! I really loved Phee and Yves story. Joss Sterling has one of those styles of writing where you just disappear into the story. It was also really great to catch up with Sky and Zed from the first book again.

This is a YA series not to be missed. Seriously. If you’ve already read Finding Sky then I’m sure you’ll be grabbing this one up soon, but if you haven’t then do it soon! It’s one of my favourites and I can’t wait for the next book, which and a little birdie told me could be Xav's story, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

My rating: 5 stars



Well I'm not sure Xav would be too happy about this, but Joss has persuaded Phee to let us see the postcard she and Yves received from Xav from the Alps.


Hey Guys

So Trace has dragged me to Geneva. Yeah, yeah, I know Mom and Dad think I’ve been hanging around the house too much waiting for my future to arrive but to send me on the 21st century version of the Grand Tour with my BIG, RESPONSIBLE brother in tow is not my definition of fun. And in September there isn’t even any decent snow so frustrated, c’est-moi. (See, little bro, I’m picking up the lingo and I’m pleased to report that it seems to go down well with les Mesdemoiselles).

How’s life for you two nauseating lovebirds? (Scratch that - not you, Phee, you’re too bad to be nauseating). How’s the lovebird and his Phoenix? Hope all is going well for you. As I write this sitting by the lake, Trace is grumbling about getting old and not finding his soulfinder so see if you can apply that planet sized brain of yours to helping him out, will you, Yves? As for me – footloose and fancy free. You and Zed maybe out of contention these days but, hey, some of us are still in the game and enjoying every moment. I’m not sure I’d even want to meet my soulfinder just yet seeing the hassle they give my little brothers – ouch, Phee, stop long-distance twisting my ear!

Seriously, guys, love you all and see you soon.
Xav

Don't miss out on tomorrows blog stop over at Feeling Fictional!

3 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

Wow! I loved this post. Probably my favourite from the tour so far...well other than ours. Great post! :)

SusanKMann said...

Great review. I loved this book, one of my faves x

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

It's so good to know that this series is a good one. I've had Finding Sky sitting on my shelf for ages and ages, and after reading both of your reviews I'm much more excited to read it now!

I actually had no idea these books were about people with supernatural powers. Shows how often I read the summaries of the books I buy! Haha.

Anyway, I look forward to reading about a close-knit family. You really don't see enough of that in YA.

Books of Amber