Sunday, 25 September 2011

In My Mailbox #47

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

All the books I received this week are for review and they all sound awesome so look out for the reviews on these soon!  The first three were received from the authors (with thanks!) and the last was from UK Book Tours (thanks girls!).

ALEXANDER DEATH by JL Bryan
Book 3 in The Paramormals series

While Seth searches for Jenny, Dr. Heather Reynard of the CDC unravels Seth and Jenny's secrets.
Alexander opens Jenny's mind to her deep past, and to the full horrific extent of her powers.
Torn between her feelings for Alexander and Seth, and between her past lives and her present, Jenny must prepare to face her enemies in the final, catastrophic battle...

Jason, Erin, Mitch and Mildred (“Dred”) are the Assorted Zebras, a teenage garage band in Wisconsin with no fans and no gigs.
Then Jason sneaks into the fairy world and steals four magic-fueled musical instruments, the kind fairies use to enchant and trick 
humans. 

The new instruments make the band a huge overnight success, on their way to rock stardom. But the band members aren’t exactly ready for fame, fortune, or the supernatural creatures sent by the fairies to track them down.

SUSPENSE by Jason Letts

Spencer Nye can’t control the rage bubbling under her skin over the world around her. The trouble is, by the year 2102, the world has solved most of its great problems. Without hunger, war, greed, or even money, people obsess over the glamour of the Culture Industry and its mega-celebrity Idols, who vie for followers over the social networks of Connect.
But Spencer discovers there is plenty to fix within the Idols’ competition for more popularity. She becomes a diehard and promises to do anything to help her Idol, a dreamy movie star named Cleary Mintz, bring his vision of hope and purpose to the world. 

When she stumbles onto a threat against his life, she’ll have to fight harder than she ever thought possible or lose the man who means more to her than any other.

Suspense, the first book in a dystopian trilogy, contains 76,000 words and is recommended for ages 16 and up because of depictions of violence and some sexual themes.

MIDWINTERBLOOD by Marcus Sedgwick

Have you ever had the feeling that you've lived another life? Been somewhere that has felt totally familiar, even though you've never been there before, or felt that you know someone well, even though you are meeting them for the first time? It happens. In 2073 on the remote and secretive island of Blessed, where rumour has it that no one ages and no children are born, a visiting journalist, Eric Seven, and a young local woman known as Merle are ritually slain. Their deaths echo a moment ten centuries before, when, in the dark of the moon, a king was slain, tragically torn from his queen. Their souls search to be reunited, and as mother and son, artist and child, forbidden lovers, victims of a vampire they come close to finding what they've lost. In a novel comprising seven parts, each influenced by a moon - the flower moon, the harvest moon, the hunter's moon, the blood moon - this is the story of Eric and Merle whose souls have been searching for each other since their untimely parting. Beautifully imagined, intricately and cleverly structured, this is a heart-wrenching and breathtaking love story with the hallmark Sedgwick gothic touches of atmosphere, blood-spilling and sacrifice.

That's what I got in my mailbox this week.  What did you get in yours?

23 comments:

Alyssa (Reader's Refuge) said...

All these sound good! Suspense sounds like it'd be my favorite, though. Awesome IMM! :)

Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

These are all new to me. The cover of Suspense reminded me of The Hunger Games, not sure why. enjoy!

Kristina said...

Ooh, I didn't know Alexander Death was out. I'll have to get it for my nook ASAP! I hope you enjoy your new books!

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Very interesting IMM! I do want to try JL Bryan and Marcus Sedgwick - heard lots of good things about them. Enjoy your books! :)

Mel said...

A good selection of books there - I like Marcus Sedgewick books! Hope you enjoy them all. :)

Chrizette said...

I love the cover of Alexander Death - beautiful. I have seen it around blogs this week but first time I read the blurb. Sounds like something that should go on my wish list :)

Mist@BookaholicsBookClub said...

Fairy metal thunder sounds like a lot of fun and I really like the cover :)

Here's my IMM

Yiota said...

Midwinterblood? That's probably one of the weirdest titles ever! I do like the cover though!!

I got Alexander Death too XD


Splash of our Worlds Mailbox

Bella said...

Ooh, Suspense looks like the US cover for The Hunger Games... The colours I guess :L Midwinterblood looks awesome, I shall have to check that one out soon :) Happy reading Karen!

Giselle said...

Oh nice haul! Those all look great. Suspence has been catching my eye lately.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads
Don't forget to enter my giveaways for some ARCs.

Amanda said...

Suspense looks interesting!

Hannah said...

I should really pick up the paranormals series, shouldn't I? I did put Jenny Pox on my wishlist a while back, when you had your giveaway in fact, and since I keep seeing it pop up everywhere with great reviews!

Once Upon A Time

Vivienne said...

Marcus Sedgwick's book does look fabulous!

Kate said...

The Suspense cover looks very Hunger Games UK, don't you think?

Enjoy your new books :D

Jenny said...

YAY ALEXANDER DEATH! I got that this week too and can't wait to get to it and see how things work out for Jenny. And Alexander is just kind of sexy, so I'm looking forward to more time with him:)

Anna said...

The cover of Suspense looks suspiciously like the cover of The Hunger Games.. I haven't heard of it though. I'll have to read your review and find out if it's any good!
New follower :)

My IMM

Carina said...

Oh, I got Suspense last week and it sounds really good. I hope I can start it soon. :)
Hopefully you'll enjoy all of these! :)

Have a lovely week,
Carina

turn-the-page.net said...

Ooo some nice books this week (all of which are new to me!)

Check out my Mailbox this week here

Amy @ Turn the Page

chelleyreads said...

i really like the cover of alexander death. awesome books this week--enjoy!! :D

hope you can stop by our IMM.

-michelle

chasing empty pavements said...

Alexander Death looks quite interesting. I'm gonna have to check that one out now! Thanks for sharing. Great IMM this week!


My IMM

jodilamm said...

Those JL Bryan books look intriguing! I've already downloaded two samples. Thanks for introducing me to them.

Raimy-rawr said...

great books! I just got Suspense today and I really want Fairy Metal Thunder! :D I hope you enjoy!

justalillost said...

Great books! I haven't heard of many of these.. love the cover of Fairy Metal Thunder.. :)

The cover of Suspense reminds me of the Hunger Games one.. must be the colour scheme ;)

Michele | My IMM