Thursday, 29 September 2011

The Time Will Come #29

Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



STARCROSSED by Josephine Angelini
Set on the island of Nantucket, STARCROSSED tells the tale of Helen Hamilton, a young woman whose destiny is forever altered when she meets Lucas Delos and tries to kill him in front of her entire high school. Which is terribly inconvenient, not only because Lucas is the most beautiful boy on the island, but also because Helen is so achingly shy she suffers physical pain whenever she is given too much attention. 
Making matters worse, Helen is beginning to suspect she’s going crazy. Whenever she’s near Lucas or any member of his family she sees the ghostly apparitions of three women weeping bloody tears, and suffers the burden of an intense and irrational hate. She soon learns that she and Lucas are destined to play the leading roles in a Greek tragedy that the Three Fates insist on repeating over and over again throughout history. Like her namesake, Helen of Troy, she’s destined to start a war by falling in love. But even though Lucas and Helen can see their own star-crossed destiny, they’re still powerfully attracted to each other. Will they give up their personal happiness for the greater good, or risk it all to be together?
I adore the cover on Starcrossed and the synopsis sounds amazing!  I know a lot of you have already read this one and loved it.  Hopefully soon I'll be joining you!

6 comments:

BooksforCompany said...

Ohh I so loved this book!
I know it's a big book but I am so glad I did pick this up and ignore the size!
Read it! ;)

Chrizette said...

I loved it too :) It was on my bookshelf for a few months before I got to it but I loved it and could understand why I waited so long!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Starcrossed is good but it took me a while to get into it. I didn't immediately connect with the heroine. Hope you enjoy when you get around to reading it!

Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

This one sounds really good. Hope you are able to get to it soon. This sounds like a fun meme.

Small Review said...

Starcrossed was one of those books for me that had a lot of pages, but didn't feel like it had a lot of pages.

Kate said...

I have this one too! We'll get to it eventually, I'm sure. It sounds so good :)