Sunday, 30 October 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a great meme from The Story Siren.  If you'd like to take part, visit The Story Siren's IMM page for further details.

I've had two books this week.  The first was a swap in a UK group called ReaditSwapit:



YOU AGAINST ME by Jenny Downham









and this last book is one I bought with a gift voucher so it only cost me 23p out of my own money.  That's not breaking the book buying ban is it????




POSSESS by Gretchen McNeil








And that's what I got in my mailbox this week.  Mmm, yeah, this week.  Sorry it's been such a quiet one around here folks.  The books I've been reading are for future dates/tours so I've not had any reviews to put up here.  It's also been a pretty busy week with the school half term holidays.  Anyway, I'm 3/4 of the way through Daughter of Smoke and Bone, so hopefully I'll have a review of that one up this week, and on Monday I'll be hosting a tour of the third book in The Paranormals series by JL Bryan.  This one is awesome and if you haven't read the first in the series, Jenny Pox, then you really should grab it whilst it's free for Kindle!

So after all that prattling on and excuses as to why I haven't posted this week, I'll leave you in peace.  Just let me know what you got in your mailbox before you go.

20 comments:

Mrs Q Book Addict said...

These are both new to me. I hope you enjoy all your new reads. Happy reading!

Phanee said...

I've got Jenny Downham's first book (Before I Die), but I haven't read it yet, so I will probably wait and read that one first before getting You Against Me.

As for Posses, I can safely say that spending 23p on a book definitely does NOT count as breaking a book ban!

Hope you enjoy them both, Karen! :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on The Daughter of Smoke and Bone!

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

I'm dying to read Possess! My library has it in, but it's still 'in-process'. I can't wait to read it. :) Enjoy!

Mel said...

23p isn't breaking anything - I've lost more down the back of the sofa! I'm going to go on a book buying ban myself after next week. :)

Vivienne said...

You have Possess! I am so envious!

Raimy-rawr said...

great books, I hope you enjoy them! I did very well his week as I only got one book! :D

Ellie said...

You can lose more than 23p down the back on the sofa...definitely not breaking the ban!

Giselle said...

Great haul this week. I really want to get You Against Me soon I've heard great reviews on it.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Cliona said...

23p?! Definitely not breaking the book buying ban :)

Mocha ღ Latte(Cupcake and a Latte) said...

You Against Me and Possess are wonderful! Enjoy

MY IMM:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox31.html
Hope you're having an excellent weekend!
-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Melina said...

Love the cover of Possess

Just a Lil Lost said...

I can't wait to read You Against Me! A lovely blogger has set it aside for me when I see her next week :P

Michele | My IMM

SweetMarie83 said...

I have both of these on my TBR list. I hope you enjoy them! :-)

My IMM if you’d like to stop by: http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-week-13.html

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I think 23p is okay to spend on books!
Hope you're enjoying Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I loved it.
:)

fivealarmbookreviews.com said...

Possess is still lingering on my TBR. I am looking forward to hearing what you think. Enjoy your books.
In My Mailbox at FABR

Samantha Young said...

You Against Me is an amazing book, Karen. I really hope you enjoy it :-)

Kate said...

Jenny Downham is such a fantastic author :D I hope you like You Against Me when you get to it

Gianna said...

POSSESS! I really liked that book. Enjoy reading your other books, they look awesome :)

Happy reading! :)

My IMM: http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-103011.html

Faye said...

Started YaM a while while ago had to put it down, it was really good. hopeful i can get back to it, TBR has gone down a bit lol. can't wait for your reviews!

Happy reading :)

Cait said...

POSSESS!! I was bought a copy from America...it should arrive in the next few weeks and I'm SO excited to get it! I wish it were published over here

The Cait Files