Sunday, 6 November 2011

In My Mailbox #52

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  Visit her blog for more details.

This week has been a quiet book week for me and for once I have managed to stick to my book buying ban!  The books I received this week are for review from the authors:




NEW BEGINNINGS by Rebecca Emin


Sam Hendry is not looking forward to starting at her new school. Things go from bad to worse as the day of truth arrives and all of her fears come true... and then some.

When Sam meets a different group of people who immediately accept her as a friend, she begins to feel more positive.

With her new friends and interests, will Sam finally feel able to face the bully who taunts her, and to summon up the courage to perform on stage?



THE DEEPEST CUT by J.A. Templeton

Sixteen-year-old Riley Williams has been able to see ghosts since the car crash that took her mother’s life and shattered her family. Guilt-ridden over the belief that she’s somehow responsible for her mom’s death, Riley is desperate to see her mother’s elusive spirit to gain her forgiveness.

When her father moves the family to Scotland so they can all start over, Riley believes her life couldn’t get worse––that is until the ghost of nineteen-year-old Ian MacKinnon catches her purposely cutting herself. An uneasy truce quickly turns into friendship, and soon Riley’s falling hard for Ian.

Riley believes her gift could help Ian end the curse that has kept him tied to the land for centuries, but that would mean letting him go forever and she’s not sure she is strong enough to do that. As if her life wasn’t complicated enough, the malevolent spirit of the woman who killed Ian returns and she’ll stop at nothing to keep Riley from helping Ian find eternal peace.


And that was my mailbox this week. What did you get in yours?

30 comments:

Gina @ My Precious said...

I've not heard of either one of those books. They both sound good. I'll look forward to hearing what you think about them.

Rebecca Emin said...

I'm so delighted to see my book has arrived. I hope you enjoy it, and thank you for agreeing to review it.

Book Passion for Life said...

Good week! The Deepest Cut looks great...we have it for review too and I can't wait to get started. Donna

Mel said...

Well done on sticking to your ban - I'm starting one myself this week! :-)

Carina said...

The Deepest Cut looks really intriguing. Looking forward to what you think of it.

Enjoy!
Carina

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

The Deepest Cut looks really good! Enjoy your books this week! :)

Renu said...

The Deepest Cut sounds really good. The cover is gorgeous and omg a book that is actually set in the UK! :o = awesome =D

Michelle said...

Haven't heard of any of these books but The Deepst Cut sounds really good. :D

My IMM

Raimy-rawr said...

oh! the Deepest Cut sounds really interesting! I may have to check that one out! :) Hope you enjoy!

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! These sound very interesting, especially New Beginnings.
My IMM

Amanda Welling said...

The Deepest Cut looks interesting! Enjoy :)

Come visit my IMM and enter to win an Amazon Kindle Fire!

-Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Grace Fonseca said...

Interesting books. I've never heard of them. Great mailbox.

Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

Liz. R said...

I love the sound of The Deepest Cut! I'm a huge fan of ghosts in books. Happy reading! :)

Just a Lil Lost said...

Oooh I haven't heard of The Deepest Cut but it sounds really good!!

Michele | IMM

JC Jones said...

This is my first visit. I love the title of your blog. Here is my list for this week.

http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-november-6-2011.html

Amanda said...

Both of these look so good! The Deepest Cut has been on my wishlist awhile now New Beginnings is going on there too. ;) It's neverending!

Thanks for stopping by mine!

Tea said...

Hmmm, good titles. I'll take one, please.:)

jenn said...

The Deepest Cut seems really good! Can't wait for your review on it!

Keep up the good work on your book buying ban!

Happy reading:)

jenn | my IMM

Faye said...

-stares longingly at both books- they sound A-MAZING. =D
Hope you enjoy reading them and I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on them!!

Faye
A Daydreamer's Thoughts

Maji Bookshelf said...

Great haul! i havent heard of either books, but they look interesting! Hoope you enjoy reading them!

Farah

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

Great books! I've never heard of either of these before, but after reading the descriptions I think I'm going to check them out. The Deepest Cut sounds especially interesting.

Enjoy :)

Shelagh said...

The Deepest Cut looks very interesting - my wishlist is expanding hugely today. :)

I hope you enjoy them both.

Shelagh
The Word Fiend

Rebecca said...

Ohh, The Deepest Cut looks really interesting! Hope you enjoy. :)

Thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever!

The Brunette Librarian said...

I haven't heard of either of these books. Thanks for sharing, they look good!

http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

The Deepest Cut sounds awesome. Love the cover.

Happy reading!

Jenny My IMM

The Library Owl said...

The Deepest Cut sounds interesting and looks awesome. I hope you enjoy your new books :)

Emma said...

The Deepest Cut looks great, especially because I am from Scotland and would love to see where they set it. I hope you enjoy them both.

Check out my IMM here.

Emma @ LostinaYAbook

Small Review said...

The Deepest Cut sounds interesting. I'm not sure about the cutting, but I love a ghost romance :) I'll be keeping an eye out for your review.

A. Knight said...

The Deepest Cut sounds so absolutely heartbreaking. Very emotional.

Enjoy! And happy reading!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Giselle said...

The Deepest Cut sounds great! Fantastic mailbox!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads