Sunday, 13 November 2011

In My Mailbox #53

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  You can visit her blog for more details.

This week I got just one book in my mailbox and that was:



PRIZED by Caragh O'Brien
(Birthmarked #2)


Striking out into the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her, sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone survives only to be captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where women rule the men who drastically outnumber them, and a kiss is a crime. In order to see her sister again, Gaia must submit to their strict social code, but how can she deny her sense of justice, her curiosity, and everything in her heart that makes her whole?




That was short and sweet wasn't it?  What did you get in your mailbox this week?


Don't forget, today is the last day to claim your free e-book copy of The Magi by Kevin M. Turner.  I reviewed The Magi earlier this week.  You can read my review and enter the giveaway (a copy for each commenter) here:

Book Review: The Magi by Kevin M. Turner

Don't miss out on this one - it's an awesome read!  

25 comments:

Karis Jacobstein said...

I got Prized a couple months ago but still haven't read Birthmarked (actually starting it tonight). I've heard great things! Quality over quantity, right?

My IMM: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-monday-18.html

Kristina said...

I really like the cover for Prized. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

Kristina
Ladybug Storytime

Mel said...

Short and sweet! Prized sounds interesting but I'd have to read Birthmarked first - I prefer reading in sequence! :)

My keeper shelf said...

I've been meaning to read Birthmarked for ages, seeing the cover for Prized makes me more determ ined to bump it up my TBR pile:)

My IMM

Zoe Crook said...

Prized sounds really good, I hope you enjoy it!

Kate said...

I really need to get around to reading Birthmarked. I've heard such good things and now Prized has come out... :o

Jenny said...

I've heard good things about the Birthmarked series but I haven't read the first one yet. What did you think of it?

Vivienne said...

A series I keep meaning to read and never get around to. Enjoy.

Erica said...

Prized is good, it's not quite as good as Birthmarked but I still quite enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy your books :)

Carina said...

Sometimes a smaller IMM is great, too. There are always sooo many books already waiting to be read. :D

Hope you enjoy it!
Have a lovely week,
Carina

Jesse Owen said...

I keep hearing a lot about this series, I must pick up a copy soon, happy reading :D

Kristin said...

I will have to look up Birthmarked and read it. Oh and thanks for the free book. I cannot wait to read it.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Emma said...

I keep seeing Birthmarked around, but now I want to read it because Prized sounds so good.

www.thepancakehouse.org

wordsthatfly said...

I got Prized a couple months ago and I haven't read it yet. I really wanted to get Birthmarked but I haven't been able to *sigh* Hope you enhoy the book!

Amanda Welling said...

Prized looks fab! Enjoy :)

Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Katie said...

Prized sounds amazing c:

I'm a new follower btw and I'd love if you'd follow back.

Happy reading!

Ellie Warren said...

I love the cover of Prized.

Sonythebooklover said...

The cover is amazing. Happy reading
My In My Mailbox-http://sonythebooklover.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-13/

Cassy said...

I really need to read Birthmarked!

MY IMM

Giselle said...

I got the Magi as well! :)

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! Prized sounds particularly interesting. Enjoy!
My IMM

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

I love this cover of Prized, it looks really different from the blue one. Enjoy your reading this week! :)

Ailsa said...

I've never heard of Prized before, but the cover is certainly different.

My IMM is here: The Book Bundle

~Ailsa

A. Knight said...

Many people are in love with the Birthmarked series! I would love to try it soon.

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

bookobsessed84 said...

I can't wait to get my hands on Prized. I finished reading Birthmarked a couple of days ago and thought it was AMAZING!!!
http://bookobsessed84.blogspot.com