Thursday, 17 November 2011

The Time Will Come #32


Jodie over at Books for Company is hosting a Thursday meme.  It's really easy to join in.  Here's what you have to do:
  • Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
  • Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
  • Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



WITCHLANDERS by Lena Coakley

High in their mountain covens, red witches pray to the Goddess, protecting the Witchlands by throwing the bones and foretelling the future.

It’s all a fake.

At least, that’s what Ryder thinks. He doubts the witches really deserve their tithes—one quarter of all the crops his village can produce. And even if they can predict the future, what danger is there to foretell, now that his people’s old enemy, the Baen, has been defeated?

But when a terrifying new magic threatens both his village and the coven, Ryder must confront the beautiful and silent witch who holds all the secrets. Everything he’s ever believed about witches, the Baen, magic and about himself will change, when he discovers that the prophecies he’s always scorned—

Are about him.

Isn't this cover just gorgeous? I really, really wanted to read this book since I first heard about it last year and I grabbed myself a copy on release day in August this year.  Needless to say, it's here on this post because it's STILL sitting in my TBR pile ... along with *cough* approximately 400 others *hides face in shame* ... now can you see why I'm on a book buying ban?

6 comments:

Vivienne said...

I read this a couple of weeks ago and I can highly recommend it. Very strong characters and a good storyline.

SarahS said...

This book sounds really good. (:

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I love the look of this book too- this one is on my Christmas wishlist (come on Santa!)
Hope you get a chance to read it soon!
x

BooksforCompany said...

I haven't really ever read this blurb, the cover has put me off!
It does sound good though! I hope you enjoy it Karen xD

Gina @ My Precious said...

This is one I read off Galley Grab. I really liked it. I wish I had done a review for it. Its going to be tough to review now because I'm not really remembering the best parts. I like the ending, the world building and the fact it was a stand alone and not part of a series.

Small Review said...

I liked this book a lot. It' definitely a fantasy, but it's about two guys more than that girl on the cover (which is beautiful). I think you'll like it. It is long, but I didn't "feel" the length at all.