Friday, 23 December 2011

Don't you sometimes wish ...

… that there were more than 24 hours in a day? I know I do - which brings me very quickly to the point of this post. At the moment, more than ever I just don’t have enough hours in a day to do everything I need and want to do. Something has to give and unfortunately, for the time being, that is going to have to be this blog.

I am sad. I love my little blog, but other things in my life (my little boy for one) need to take priority at the moment. I’m not closing the blog down for good – it’s not just going to disappear and all the reviews will still be available to read and comment on. I’ve even paid out to keep the .com domain for another year in the hopes that if things settle down I’ll be able to come back. That would be good! :0)

I wish to sincerely apologise to the authors and publishers who have sent me review books that I’ve just not been able to fit in. I've had a feeling that this was coming since mid November and have tried very hard to review as many of your books as I possibly could before I just had to stop.

To all the lovely friends I’ve made whilst blogging – thank you for making this blogging lark such an interesting and fun journey. It certainly wouldn’t have been so much fun without your friendship, comments and help. I will still be around on Goodreads and visiting your blogs when I can and there's even the possibility that I could be doing some guest blogging too, so don’t think I’m going to just disappear.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2012!

18 comments:

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, darling! Hope you'll be back sooner than later, we'll miss you! *hugs*

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Happy Christmas Karen!
I will definitely miss you- it was thanks to all your lovely comments that my little blog really got started, so I'm really sorry to hear that you're giving it up. I can understand where you're coming from though, and that you have to prioritise. I know how tiring blogging can be on top of a busy schedule. I hope we'll still stay in touch via Goodreads, and maybe you'll be back refreshed and renewed next year.
xxx

The Slowest Bookworm said...

Thank you both. It was a hard decision to make, but something just had to give ...

Looking forward to keeping up with you on Goodreads, and of course I'll still be visiting your blogs. Xxx

Jesse @ Books 4 Teens said...

Awww, I'm sorry to see your stopping for the time being but I completely understand why. I'll have my fingers crossed for a return once things have settled down.

I hope you have a very happy Christmas :D

Raimy-rawr said...

Awwww I'm sad t hear this karen but I hope you'll be back soon! I hope you have a lovely Christmas with the little one!! X

Hannah said...

Always a shame to see a great and friendly blogger have to stop, even if just temporarily, but you have to do what you have to do for yourself. :) Merry Christmas and I hope things calm down for you soon. x

Luisa at Chicklish said...

I'm sorry to hear this too - I'll miss your posts. I wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year!

Mel said...

Oh that's sad news for us Karen but I know real life take priorities. I'll miss reading your reviews though! Happy Christmas!

Samantha Young said...

Oh I'm sad to see you leave your blog, Karen, you've been an awesome reviewer! But you and your loved ones come first and I hope taking a step back will bring you some relief. Hope you have had a fabulous Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2012. I've appreciated all your support this year.

Sam x

Kate said...

I'm sorry to see you go but I'll keep a look out for you in the future :)

Aylee said...

It's tough, definitely. I'm finding it hard lately to balance real life with blogging too. So I totally get it. Hopefully you'll find more time later on in the year to return! That would be neat. Good luck to you! You will be missed.

Bungle said...

sorry to read that you are leaving us for a while. It's I know, with 3 jobs and sick parents I sometimes sturggle but now I have Sally as a part time review and I'm hoping this year I'm able to get more done.

I've only been blogging for about 11months and I can all ready understand how this has been a hard decision for you. I'm sure there will come a time when you are able to rejoin the blogging world but for now your needs and those of your family come first.

Will miss you being around.

Best wishes :)

Gina @ My Precious said...

Well, that's a total bummer. You were the first blog I found while starting my own. I love your cute little blog, you informative reviews and your commentary.

I understand, family first, I already raised my kiddos. Best of luck to you. Hopefully I'll see you around GR.

Miss Page-Turner said...

Oh I had that 24 hours thought, too lately...a lot. I really hope you can find some time in the course of 2012 to come back to your blog, full time:)

Book Passion for Life said...

Ahhh Karen that's a shame! We'll miss you and hope you come back soon!!! ~ Donna

Jules said...

I know the feeling of not enough time and you do need to do what's best for you.

You will be missed, yours was one of the first book blogs that I really started reading :)

I hope you're well.

x

Ailsa said...

I just saw on another blog that you'd changed your name to ex-blogger, and had to come see what happened. I must have missed this post over Christmas.
I really hope that things settle down for you, and some time you'll be able to come back to the blog. I think we can al relate in some way to not having enough hours in the day.
Hope to see you back soon!
~Ailsa

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I don't know you well but I know the feeling. I just had a little girl and it's amazing how time has shifted for me immediately.

While I don't foresee giving up my blog, I have seriously been considering it's evolution and what's in store for it.

Best of luck finding your balance :)